We are designed by the laws of nature - If we can get every system of the body functioning as it was designed to function, then the body will do its own healing!
“Let Food be thy Medicine, and Medicine be thy Food”
A journey into Health
Growing up on a farm in South Africa, I experienced first-hand the joy of growing food, drinking raw milk from cows and collecting fresh eggs. Food was mostly picked and eaten fresh, with an occasional visit to the grocery store. Still, it was only much later that I discovered the amazing power of natural healing when my first daughter was regularly catching colds and infections whilst in childcare. After repeated antibiotics for a persistent ear infection, I found a natural health practitioner who helped to stimulate her immune system, and as her natural immunity developed and strengthened, she stopped getting ill. Now in their 20’s, both daughters thrive on a natural, healthy lifestyle. This reinforced the idea that natural health and wholesome food was the way forward.
Following my Passion
Now, I offer support to women who are embarking on their own exciting, second stage of life, to banish exhaustion, brain fog and feeling ‘old’. I teach them how to achieve healthy hormones by following a holistic approach, to give them renewed vigour, energy and purpose in their lives.
SEE CONSULTATION PACKAGES
I am a member of the British Association of Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine (BANT), the regulatory body for nutrition professionals, which requires regular certified training on topics and latest research developments. I am also registered with theComplementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC), which is accredited by the Professional Standards Authority, the regulatory body that assures standards of practice in all areas of healthcare. In addition, I am a member of the Association of Naturopathic Practitioners (ANP), a professional association which supports Naturopathic Therapists in maintaining the highest standards of competence.
What is Nutritional Therapy
Nutritional therapy is an evidence-based science and integrative healthcare discipline which identifies the root cause of ill health rather than simply treating the symptoms. A personalised nutrition plan is created to support the health and wellbeing of a person, sometimes with the additional recommendation of nutraceuticals/supplements.
Disease prevention is a key focus area, to ensure that disease susceptibility is addressed with a balanced diet before it can manifest.
Health Issues that Nutritional Therapy Can Support
- Female and Hormonal health including PCOS, menopause, infertility, endometriosis, heavy or irregular periods
- Thyroid problems - hypo- and hyperthyroidism
- Digestive issues including bloating, IBS, diarrhoea, constipation, parasites, gut permeability
- Candida, SIBO
- Adrenal fatigue and adrenal dysfunction
- Men’s health and hormonal imbalances
- Cognitive issues, Anxiety and Depression
- General low energy and low moods
- Skin and Bone health
- Detoxification Weight loss and weight management
- Type-2 Diabetes
What are Naturopathic Principles
Finding the root cause of disease & supporting the body through nutrition
- The Healing Power of Nature - the body has the power to heal itself
- Prevention is preferable to Cure - encourage health for prevention of disease
- Identify the Root Cause - seek the underlying cause of disease rather than simply suppressing symptoms
- Treat the Whole Person - each individual is seen as a complex interaction of physical, emotional, mental and spiritual
- First, Do No Harm - Only safe and natural therapies are employed
- The Therapist as Teacher - educating and empowering clients to adopt a healthy lifestyle and diet
- Establishing health and wellness to achieve abundant vitality
What is Functional Testing?
Functional tests are biological tests which indicate how well the body's systems are functioning. They help to identify deficiencies, excesses and imbalances which may underlie health difficulties, prevent recovery or increase disease risk.
Some tests can be done by your local G.P. for free. Private laboratory tests will incur an additional fee.
The test may involve taking a saliva, blood, urine or stool sample for laboratory analysis. Tests can either be taken at home or may require blood to be drawn by a nurse or phlebotomist.
All test analysis is performed at reputable laboratories, either in the UK or occasionally abroad:
- Genova Diagnostics
- Regenerus Laboratories
- Nordic Laboratories
- Invivo Clinical
- Lifecode GX
Functional Tests may be used to assess:
- Gut microflora balance / overgrowth
- Digestive Function
- Bowel dysfunction, i.e IBD / SIBO
- Parasites / persistent infections
- Toxic burden
- Thyroid Hormones
- Sex / Reproductive hormones
- Hormone imbalances
- Adrenal / Stress burden
- DNA Health
- Detoxification efficiency
- Cardiovascular Risk
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Osteoporosis risk